January 1, 2009

A Few Little Projects

I have enjoyed my vacation and relaxed enough to do a few little projects. I made Mom a couple embroidered handles on kitchen towels, but I didn't take any pictures. Mom hangs her towels from a drawer handle near her sink, so the towel hangs differently than another project I have done with towels. I adopted this project from a friend at work and made a few for family last Thanksgiving (yes, 2007). The problem I have found with this is that the "dress" hangs so low you have to bend over to dry your hands if you hang it from your oven door. So I moved on to other items. One I liked making because it gave me a chance to learn a few new feet or attachments on my sewing machine was an embellished bag. I have to sew the button on and open the button hole. This project required a special bobbin case so that the thick metallic thread could be used. The bag is a little overdone, but I learned from the process of making it.
A niece's daughter has dolls that need to be clothed, so I have had fun helping with that. I am working on a few things at present, because there is a birthday coming up in a few months. My doll, Shelby, doesn't mind being a stand-in for fittings for the American Girls. I needed Shelby because I am always altering patterns to make something different, so she's my model.
I have a few other types of things in various stages, waiting for the mood to strike.

No comments: