February 23, 2009

Definitely a Snow Day


I was ready to go back to work today, but the weather had its own way. It started to snow a couple hours before we went to bed last night and it was still snowing this morning. No school. I shoveled a bit of the deck off and Dick finished it with his small snow blower. The birds were desperate today. They came to feed while I was on the deck, about 10 of them so hungry they ignored me standing off to the side on a break from shoveling.
If you compare this photo to one in my last post you can see that my bird bath is no longer visible. Dick thinks about 2 feet of snow fell. It was so high on the deck, he had to remove it in layers.
On a pleasant note, my amaryllis blossomed again. It bloomed shortly after Christmas and then the second stalk grew slowly. It was nice to have it bloom again during my week home. I have been sewing more little items. I also started on slacks for me, so will post some new sewing pics next time.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

What a lovely contrast of the orange flower with the white snow. Gorgeous! I'll bet those little birds were very happy to know your house!