March 20, 2014

More Quilts

     The quilts in the last post were done well over a year ago. The summer of 2013 saw three new quilts for more grandchildren of my sister. The ages of the children were 6,4 and 2.
This is the quilt for the six year-old girl (she is now seven). I love the light colored print. It has sayings like "sugar and spice, Mother's helper, thank heaven for little girls" and more. It also says Six over and over in the pinwheel pieces.
The pinks and greens are good colors for this little lady.
I pieced the back of the quilt so it is not too horrible and includes fabric from the front.

The next quilt is for a very active four year-old boy. 
 Tools for building and construction stuff, a helicopter and train are some of the items appliqued on the quilt.
 I thought the bright colors and bold prints would be right for this little boy.

An easy going two year-old gets the bears gone fishing quilt. Like the others, I did not heavily quilt  it, because I find that the quilts are softer and less stiff if I do not do too much. Especially for a child's quilt, I want it to be comfortable to cuddle. 

 The back of this quilt was easier to plan with strips of the front fabric.

No comments: