July 25, 2008

I do Have a Job

Like most people in the world, unfortunately, I have to work. I do have a job. I am a librarian and in my library new carpet was installed this summer. That is good, but the bad part is that every single item in the library had to be removed to do it. That means 10,000 books, 8 large tables, a laptop computer charging cart with 15 laptops, 11 desktop PCs, 36 chairs, 2 circulation desks, 1 display unit, 1 magazine rack, 23 bookcases, 3 TVs/DVD and carts and I am sure I left out a few items. I did have help removing it all. Now, if you know anything about library work, you know it means I am spending some time putting everything back, now that the carpet is in, and in spite of a system to remove things in order, I will be a while getting it all in the right place again. I couldn't have done this without my husband's help. We have been working at it for a week, and have more to do. At least it has been raining all week (much needed) and I am not missing being outside.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

ugh! I don't envy you, though I bet it was all worth it to have a new carpet in there