July 16, 2008

Time to Pull out all the Stops


Every night more disappears from the vegetable garden. The deer even pulled three tomato plants out of the ground in their eagerness to chew up those tender leaves. More tomatoes, more beans. So, I brought out the fencing, put up a roll around two sides and waited a night to see what would happen. It spooked them off the tomatoes, but more beans, and even the tops of the carrots were eaten. I enlisted my husband's help to the cause, and he helped me put more fence around the rest of it. Now my garden is surrounded by orange snow fence.
We celebrated with our daughter on her birthday -- she turned 22! We went to dinner with her at a place where the wait staff sings when they bring out a birthday cake. It is simple to alert staff on the way to the RR so there is a surprise for the honoree! Nothing like being embarrassed by your parents in public on your birthday.
We are moving into our second week without much rain, so I am facing having to water the flower garden if there is no rain soon. For now I have a few new features.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love the lilies- that color is amazing! I got the pleasure of dining with Keely and Dale last night. It was great to see them.