July 20, 2008

Busy Bees

We finally got some rain! Once the sun came out it was back to work. The bees have been going strong and I couldn't help bothering a few (carefully) as I weeded. They were the busiest on the thyme, two or three in close range. The day before the rain my husband and I took a road trip. We stopped every now and then, for lunch, to stretch. We wanted to see the new bridge over the Penobscot and it is impressive. He drove over 230 miles that day and it was, as you can see, a beautiful day.
Another purpose for this blog was sewing projects. Most sewing is on hold because of the nice weather, but mainly because I have sent the machine in for service. Nothing was broken or even malfunctioning, but it was time for a service check. That means four to six weeks without the sewing machine. What else will I do in the meantime?

No comments: